Monday, August 18, 2014

August 11, 2014

Hey family!!

So I bet you guys already heard the news. I'm training!!!! I'm getting a new missionary this Wednesday. This week we had a meeting on what its like to train and to answer any questions we had.. the moral of the whole meeting was how to be a good example. The best example we have in the whole history of the world is Christ :) so this upcoming transfer  I'm going to try and study a Christ-like attribute everyday.. so the one I chose to focus on this week was charity. I read thee chapters on charity. I really liked 1 Corinthians chapter 13 

13 If I speak in the tongues[a] of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,[b] but do not have love, I gain nothing.


"Nothing you do makes much of a difference if you do not have charity. You can speak with tongues, have the gift of prophecy, understand all mysteries, and possess all knowledge; even if you have the faith to move mountains, without charity it won't profit you at all....

"Without charity—or the pure love of Christ—whatever else we accomplish matters little. With it, all else becomes vibrant and alive.

"When we inspire and teach others to fill their hearts with love, obedience flows from the inside out in voluntary acts of self-sacrifice and service" (Ensign, Nov 2007, 28–31)
Joseph B Worthlin.

and that is so true.. if we have a true desire to serve others and have charity, we will be blessed!

the church is true!!

make sure to have  a good week

elder wiser

district ping pong!!!!

sister cook is sharing the spiritual thought... she invited us to give up our weapons of rebellion write them on a paper and we went outside and burned it 

us burning it! i think i might do this more actually. its a fun way to make new goals and improve. go sister cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment