Monday, October 7, 2013

October 7th, 2013

my first kabeb........ ok so my opinion... I like the flavor.... but its like eating a hot dog...pretty much its a bunch of meat they heat up and you eat :) Basically, they take a variety of unwanted body parts on dead animals (no one really knows what kind of animals...) put them all into a giant blender the size of Kentucky, then dip a stick in the mush, get some meat-ish stuff on it, then hang it on a contraption that makes it spin. it stays there until someone dares to buy it. So that could mean weeks.  It tastes ok but you have no idea whats in it and you have heart burn for an hour afterwards..... the only thing that makes it worse than a hot dog is that it litterally spins on a stick out in the open for who knows how long.... so i'll eat em becasue I'm a man and thats what men do... but I don't like thinking of all the gross stuff that sticks to it when someone walks by or something.. so there ya have it! Kabeb!! 
me being a model haha :) oh dad remember how you took the mic out of style glasses? well they are huge here.... this and like the retro hypster look.. all of that came from England.. 
sooo photo time! here is my new/really old bike ha! A new bike would just cost a lot.. the thing is though, I can be as careful as I want and it would still get stolen.. a lot of missionaries have been through like six or seven bikes... so I'd rather just ride a crap one till it dies then ride a different one till it dies.. I have the tools and the skills to work on them without spending much.
Just got a new haircut - English Style!!

Hello family!!!
man where to start. this week has been so crazy.. conference, lessons.. mission life!
it was really good to hear from you all though :) so I have some cool things to share this week.
So first thing.. this was on friday and again demonstrates the power of prayer...
ok so the front door to our flat has a pin that you can engage so you can't unlock the door from the outside... for some reason our door doesn't close very easy so we have to shut it kinda hard... we had a DA that evening with sean and juliana, so we went back to the flat to grab our bikes and get there on time.. slamming the door on our way out. Dinner was great and we had a really good spiritual thought and Juliana made some of the best african food ever. When we got home we realized that our door had been slammed hard enough so that the inside lock had engaged... so we were locked out.. I went around and tried all the windows and everything was locked tight. So I got my jimmy nutron on (sorta) and constructed this contraption out of a stick so that I could stick my hand through the mail slot and try to unpin the door.. I worked on this for a little while till Elder Palmer looked over and suggested we say a prayer.... my response was.. "bro the door is locked.. i  got this!" I continued to swing the stick around in there till he said it again shortly after.. we agreed and he said a prayer... right after he said it he put the key in the lock.. and pushed open the door..............
This story is really cool because, that my friends is a miracle.... I'm being a little repentant as I tell this because I was trying to do it myself when God was ready to help... it was just so crazy because the door was locked... prayer.. it wasnt locked anymore.... so that was a really cool testimony builder for me.. and a builder to my faith.
The thing thats crazy.. is we all are so blessed each and every day and it took something like the lock story for me to realize it.. as a missionary we pray for missionary and service experiences to pop up and for us to be able to recognize and have the courage to act on it no matter what it is.. we see those blessings every single day.. without a doubt... I noticed I was sorta starting to get used to it but I take some time every day to think about all the blessings God has given me and all the ways he has helped me.... I love it!
Conference was sooo good!  I loved it... the spirit was so strong and I learned so much..I honestly really loved it.. I took so many notes and I have so many new things to work on :) it's funny how I can sit back some days and think... I'm not too bad... I'm doing good stuff.. praying, reading my scriptures.. but there is always so many ways we can improve :) I love progressing though... whenever I feel like I learned something and then I have the opportunity to apply it, somehow it feels so good! I'm sure you know exactly what I mean :) ah man life is good ma :) I'm so happy out here serving.. even though I miss you guys a ton.. I am so happy.....
I want you to know ma though that I really love you... I have told that to everyone in the family today because I really mean it.. I love you all more than I feel like love can describe... but I love you :) thank you so much for all your support and for being so good to me... 
Well I wanna leave you guys with a quote and a scripture I read this week..
"I wont let back. let up, slow down. or be still. my past is redeemed, my presence makes sence, and my future is secure. im finished and done with low living, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, tamed visions, cheap giving and dwarfed goals. I no longer need preminence, positions, promotions, plaudits, or popularity. I dont have to be right, first, recognized, praised, regarded or rewarded. I now live by faith, lean on HIS presence, walk with patience. I am uplifted by prayer, and labor with power. My face is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven. My road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions are few, my guide is reliable, my mission is clear. I cannot be bought, comprimised, detored, lured away, divided, or delayed. I will not flinch in the face of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of the advesary, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder in the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of the mediocrity. I wont give up, shut up, or let up untill i have stayed up, stored up and paid up for  the cause of christ. i must go till he comes, give till i drop , preach till all i know, and work till he stops me. and when he returnes for his own, He will have no problem recognizing me. my banner will be clear."
I dont know who did this quote... but it is intense..... I put it in here because it helped me raise my vision and goals :)
this is a scripture I spoted in the bible during study
1 Corinthians 16:13-14
13"Watch ye, stand fast in the faith, quit you like men, be strong."
14 "let all your things be done with charity."
well guys its been another really good week here in Cheltenham :) I love you all and I hope this week is awesome!!
love elder wiser


P.S. Sooo my bike... yes I was really angry but I got over it pretty fast... my new bike.. I call her wendy falcon.. it took me so long to come of with that name.. she is old but she is good :) I love riding it.. I miss my old one for sure and since this one is a fixie my legs are going to get huge!!! I need the work out though.  I did have to take some money out but everything is good and I saved about a hundred quid doing it all myself :) how cool is that! I'm a bike worker guy :) and the sisters called me when they got a flat and I fixed it in like ten min :) yay!! so life is good I hope this bike lasts me for  a good while though its pretty old but I did some good work to it :)..

No comments:

Post a Comment