Monday, March 24, 2014

March 24, 2014

hello! sorry to email on here again but the other email is down... its killin me but this works alright.
 
sounds like you guys have had an awesome week!! ah man i love you guys so much... if i ever miss anything out here its you guys.. i love p day becuae i get to hear from ya!
 
stories this week... hmmm well we had one crazy one! so we were at the other elders flat after a meeting picking up a bike frame for us to work on and we headed home.... we saw this drunk guy stumbling around in the street. ha! So i'll paint the picture for you.. this bike didn't have wheels on it so just a frame, and elder smith had it over his shoulder... this drunk guy comes up and says "hey, thats my bike.. im gonna ride it." So with it on smiths shoulders he grabs the bars and starts running down the street.  haha! it was really funny... i took some pictures of it and gave him a bunch of pass along cards.... in the end he actually thought it was his bike and was starting to get angry when we didn't give it to him... we didn't want any trouble and it was old so we just gave it to him... but then he asked where the wheels were and stuff.. so he took us to this camer office place and started to bother that guy.. while he was there we slowly backed away till we were out of veiw then ran for like a mile. haha ah man good ol mission stories :) the pictures are great... 
 
other than that we have had some really cool people we have ran into on the street... we don't have loads of investogators but our pool is raising :) I have grown to love people so much.. everyone has something good about them no matter what.. there is a service missionary in this ward, his name is elder downey.. he is supposed to go out with the missionaries five hours a week.... I love that kid! he comes out finding with us.. he is like a faith outlet! haha! he always says.." just use short bold statements".. so thats what we do and we have found loads of people! being a missionary is the best! I have taken some pretty cool pictures this week but ill have to send them on the other computer at the chapel.
 
the weather has been absolutly beautiful.... I dont know for sure but I think I got a little sunburned the other day :) it felt so good! last summer was really hot so they think this one won't be as warm.. but I hope it is.. I love the sun! during the winter you hardley ever see it.. it rains here about as much as everyone says it does.
 
I have been listening to some really good talks elder webster gave me and I think you guys would like them.. one is "Sanctify Yourselves" by Jeffery R Holland... that dude is powerful.. I love listening to him speak.. when I listen to that I get chills... I have really enjoyed listening to talks and stuff.. back at home I would never have dreamed of working out to general conference but I have really been enjoying it :)..
 
serving out here has been great :) there is people out there you just have to find them! a really amazing member sent me a sheet of scriptures... which gave me a big boost. One of the things that was on it was.. "eye of faith+work+love=fruits of your labors".... I have seen that so much... if you read the scriptures or go to church.. or serve someone for the right reason.. not only will you help them you will help yourself... doing things for the right reasons :) 
 
life is good! keep being the best family ever :) haha
I pray for you every day.
 
love you guys!
elder wiser

one of the guys we are teaching his name is andrew has a huge bible!!! its like one of  the ones that you pass down in your famiily.. so i opened up my favorite verse.... huge huh?

this is elder downey.. that flower is the flower of wales :)

this one looks a bit better i think but the badges are cool :) the book of mormon has tape on it becase thats the one that shay sent me... bullet proof :)



No comments:

Post a Comment