Friday, January 9, 2015

January 5, 2015


Happy new Year!!!

Here is Sterling new address:

Elder Sterling Wiser
49 fountain road
B17 8NP
Birmingham England :)

Mom!!! hey :) Man what a good week you guys had! the pictures are great. its so weird how close I am!!! I couldnt sleep till last night 1230 just thinking about everything... I talked to Elder Mcfarland and Smart last night and they made me think about stuff ha I thought about msision prep and my homecoming.... man crazy huh? I got to email bishop already but I think a calling would be great right when I get home. like first sunday if he can.. so can you let him know my release date?

Also.... drummmmmmm rolllllllll!!!!!! I found someone in this ward that Jay Lighthall baptised!!!!!! how cool is that!! so I'm going to see if I have his email.. they have the most solid family.. its cool to see that two people doing the work of God can change so many lives.. so I have her email for him and everything she wants to talk to him..

2015 has been great!! we were a bit dodgy and stayed up for the fire works!  ha we just watched out the window but it was cool.. we were pretty tired the next day though... so that won't happen again. it was fun though.. memories memories.. its so weird how two years ago right now I was just getting in the roll with wrestling and I was still in high school... man its weird.

Iom i love you so much!! ill keep emailing you in the other ones :) I have a little spiritual thought and a miracle as well. love you!!

Remember lee? he got baptised!! two days ago!! I met with him the whole six months I was in Merthyr.. man I'm going to try and call him.. Palu probably wont remember but ill get a photo one way or another haha.

so the spiritual thought today is a bit sad.... but with good news :)

Shirley, the girl I emailed about last week.. she dropped us..... dang it!! we are guessing her preacher antied her... she was so dang cool!! but I'm sure we will see her around. there is always options.

But we found some of the coolest girls this week!!! they are like angels. we have taught them the resto and plan of salvation... it was the coolest plan lesson I have ever taught... they were just like ohhh man we have been wondering about that!! you can tell people who really are looking for the truth. its so cool. Elder Holt and I are really unified as well.. I love teaching with him! we are friends! its been so nice laughing all day and working at the same time. what a legend :)

my spiritual thought is this bad boy.

1. Understand that being happy is an emotional decision, just as anger, pride, and repentance are emotional decisions. Decide now that you will work at being happy more often. You are either the master of your destiny or a slave to your fate. Only you can choose how you’ll react to a situation. Choose well.
2. Always associate with people who will lift you up. There are people everywhere who will tell you how bad things are and how you’ll never amount to anything. These people are really talking about themselves. You should find better company.
3. Meet everybody on friendly terms. Each new person could be your next best friend, or the person who will pull you of a ditch in half an hour. Treat them as such.
4. You become what you think about and tell yourself all day. Safeguard your thoughts, and when you talk to yourself, say positive things.
5. Keep yourself too busy to mope around. Sitting around with I, Me, Mine and Miself (your four worst friends) and bemoaning your existence will get you nowhere. Keep your day full of people and projects and family and correspondence. Advance every day in the direction of your goals.
6. Be involved in big projects to help you organize yourself, and your time. I’m continually amazed at how much more I can get done (in my spare time) when I work 75 hours a week than when I work 20.
7. Cultivate humor always, but cynicism never. Laughing at yourself and chuckling at the humor in your situation keeps you from taking yourself too seriously and wanting to strangle somebody. Picking on other people doesn’t lift them up, and it doesn’t help you up either.
8. Read 15 minutes’ worth of inspirational material before noon every day. This not only lifts your spirit and marks the path before you, but also gives you something good to talk about.
9. Memorize words of upbeat songs and inspirational quotes. Keep these on hand when you have nothing else to think about.
10. Opinions change – facts remain the same. Learn to separate opinion from fact, and don’t get caught up in anybody’s opinion, even your own. Especially, don’t live your life based on what other people might think about you.
11. Don’t worry about things you have no control over. Learn to solve problems quickly. Learn to anticipate, work through, or avoid the things (problems) you can’t solve. Plan ahead, and don’t forget to make a “Plan B.”
12. Keep your faith in God and in the big picture. Even though you can’t see all the curves in the road ahead, be confident that things will straighten themselves out (with your help) eventually. If you are doing your part you can have every expectation that God will do his part.
- R. Dale Jeffery


i have been reading this every morning.. and its so true!! (i dont know why the font has changed) but we can choose our how we deal with things!! sad stuff still happens but there is always a positive side :)

I take number three as best friend and someone who could get baptised.. devon childress always says ... if you treat a man as he is, he will stay the same. if you treat his as he can become... he will become that? ha i dont know the last part but its so true!

everyone needs the gospel so dont be afraid to share it!!

I love you guys!

love elder wiser

This is a thought that Shane sent to Sterling - he loved it and wanted to share it.
An Autobiography in 5 Chapters
 Chapter 1
I walk down a street. There’s a huge hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. It’s not my fault. It takes forever to get out.
 Chapter 2
I walk down the same street. There is a huge hole in the sidewalk. I pretend I don’t see it. I fall in, again. I cannot believe that I’m in this same hole! But it’s still not my fault. It takes a long time to get out.
 Chapter 3
I walk down the same street. There is a huge hole in the sidewalk. I see it. I fall in – it’s a habit! – buy my eyes are open. I know where I am. I admit it’s my fault. I get out immediately.
 Chapter 4
I walk down the same street. There’s a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk AROUND IT.
 Chapter 5
I walk down a DIFFERENT STREET.

i hope this one looks ok. ill have more photos next week :)

 this week was great!!

Air shot of middle of Merthyr
Sterling area before he was transferred to harborne 

No comments:

Post a Comment